Thursday 14 February 2013

January blues...and pinks and greens


Pink & orange winter skies. 



After Christmas as things slow down and the mad rush subsides I like to use this time to develop new ideas. I always have lots of things I am dying to have a go at, drawing and painting to name but a few. As my sewing is the mainstay of my business and to be honest my favourite thing to do all the other stuff tends to fall by the wayside.

This is my time `slower` time of year and I have time to play with ideas. 



Before Christmas I bought some beautiful Washi tape from Ruby & Dig 
who have a fabulous selection, this was on 
my list of `things to do when I have time`

Playing with scraps 
Valentine Heart tags 
Washi tape, fabric & ribbon scraps




A new idea I am trying out is a larger version of my purses (12"x10") called a WET BAG, some of which are made from oilcloth and have a waterproof lining and clip on strap. 
My friend, a new mum, has been test driving one as her `out & about` bag for wipes, nappies, change of clothes etc and assures me  that it managed to  contain a leaky bottle - result! 

Ideal for festival goers, campers etc...watch this space :)







No comments:

Post a Comment